Saturday, February 3, 2007

Brown Sticky Stuff

Well, here we are, my first blog. Who am I? I'm a husband of one and a father of 'three-and-a-dog'. I'm getting older all the time, and have been for quite a few decades now. So as soon as I put my age here, it would be wrong, so I better not do that.

I love to read, mostly real books, but also other peoples blogs. My 'real book' favourite authors of the moment are Terry Pratchett, Ian Rankine, Kathy Reichs.

The blogs I read regularly are all members of the original daynotes gang - Jerry Pournelle, Robert Bruce Thompson, Brian Bilbrey and John Dominik.

My kids are 'nearly eight', 'nearly six' and two. Boy, girl, girl. I work in the IT business, looking after lots of Sun machines for an internet service provider.

*

*

*

So, enough of the introductions. What did we do today? We went to our local undersea world and spent a happy hour looking at sharks, penguins, stingray etc. One of our party got a bit too close to the stingray swimming by (they're in a large open tank) and got a free shower. Haha.

Took no. 1 son to his karate lesson, went to a barbeque and then rode our bikes down to the beach for an ice cream.

Weather is very hot and humid at the moment. Has been for a week or so now. Very pleasant mostly, especially when the YL's get properly dressed for it, but a bit of a nuisance to be hot and sticky sometimes.

No comments: